I’m currently on Placement year and before I forget everything I’ve learned and end up with a blank CV I thought I’d keep a note of what I’m doing as well as posting general blog posts if I feel like writing.
My Placement is at Grapevine Digital, a film Digital Marketing, PR and Publicity agency in the heart of Shoreditch. I started off this blog a couple of years ago to write about films and reviews but I never thought I’d make a full-time career out of it and now I have which has actually worked out quite well. The actual process of finding the placement was very long and tedious but without all of the failed interviews, I wouldn’t have gained the confidence and skills to be where I am now.
I’ve been at Grapevine for almost 3 months now and I have learned and gained so much experience already, as it is a small company I’m allowed to be very hands-on in the work that I do, allowing me to experience new things which can be scary but also really rewarding.
I have so far gained skills in these areas:
- Copywriting/Feature Writing
- Liaising with Journalists, Agents & Influencers
- Working on events – eg. Junkets, Premieres, Screenings
- Live Social Media coverage for events
- Social scheduling
- Creating PR Status’ and Coverage Reports for both HE and Theatrical
- Daily Reporting for the Wizarding World Franchise
- Generating online & offline coverage for projects
- Working with software such as Sysomos, Intelligent Media, Vuelio & Adstream
- Expenses & VAT
Key Clients & Campaigns:
- Warner Bros
- Entertainment One